Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Aftermath



The excitement of shooting a wedding for me usually makes a long, fast paste day of the event fun and...well...exciting! The adrenaline usually keeps me running the whole day on full alert looking out for the best moments to capture during a wedding. After the wedding, however, I'm knocked out!

...and after the wedding comes the post-processing and editing. Yaay. :-P

Right now I'm in the process of working on a wedding album for Tanya and Ivan. Their wedding ceremony was held in SD and their reception was in TJ, Mexico! I had a blast photographing the wedding. It was a long day for me. My assistant and I started shooting at around 8:00am and ended our day at 1:00am. Like I said, the adrenaline keeps me going. The wedding was the fun part, now it's time to get down and dirty with the retouching and editing. Here are some of the images I've finished working on:

The Album Cover:


A page from the album:






I retouch ALL the images that are going in the album. Each image is carefully worked on. What does that mean? Well, on a typical image I would enhance the color/brightness/contrast, as well as remove any distracting elements in the picture; such as ugly street signs. I also take out any blemishes from the face and sometimes brighten the teeth, etc. What I'm trying to get at is that I spend countless HOURS retouching to ensure that the images are impeccable. Hopefully Tanya and Ivan will love their album! :-)


Before & After:


...can you spot the difference? :-)

0 comments:

Ari S. Photography Fan Box

*Photographs on this site are protected by copyright and trademark laws. You may not copy, modify, sell, distribute, transmit, display, reproduce, publish, or license any photographs from this site without the express written permission of Ari S. Photography.

Contact Ari Simphoukham Photography:

| Ari Simphoukham * ari239@gmail.com | (209)981-9820 | http://www.justari.com/ |