Monday, February 11, 2008

Avalon

Occasionally I photograph club events for Mass Appeal Productions at Avalon Night Club. Events like this are fun because it allows me to be creative with my photography. It's a completely different style of shooting from portraits or weddings. Here are some of my images from last week's event:





















Ok, I posted this on my personal blog, but it might be useful on this blog as well. For people who keep asking me how to take these pictures and what equipment I use, listen up: First off, I switch between my D300 and my D80 for the camera. As for the lens, I switch between my 24-70 and the 10.5mm. The secret is to shoot at a sloooow shutter speed using a rear curtain flash (the flash pops twice). I use the SB-800 as my flash. I usually shoot on manual because it saves me crazy mounts of batteries. Flash is adjusted to taste and it depends on how far the subject is from you. Just practice balancing your flash with the ambient light in the club.

0 comments:

Ari S. Photography Fan Box

*Photographs on this site are protected by copyright and trademark laws. You may not copy, modify, sell, distribute, transmit, display, reproduce, publish, or license any photographs from this site without the express written permission of Ari S. Photography.

Contact Ari Simphoukham Photography:

| Ari Simphoukham * ari239@gmail.com | (209)981-9820 | http://www.justari.com/ |