Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Out of my Comfort Zone

Lately I've been experimenting with fashion photography. This is totally out of my comfort zone. Usually I do portraits, shooting exclusively with natural light. With these fashion type shoots, I've been using the strobist techniques, using off board lighting to light up my models. I went out and bought two sets of Nikon SB-800's and a pair of Pocket wizards (remote triggers). I'm starting to play around with these equipment and learning what my limitations are. I'm still not too sure what to think if this fashion photography thing. We'll see how it goes.





Below is one of the images from my shoot with Sophie and her models:

......


This one was edited by Kate Wang.



Peep the new logo. Complements of Sophie Taylor of www.sophietaylor.com








********************
Update: Here's what Sophie did to that shoot we did. Great Job!

2 comments:

k a t e February 28, 2008 at 2:29 PM  

Haha, you were great even if it was out of your comfort zone. :] Completely comfortable to work with. I whipped that one up in an hour, 2 hours before my midterm cuz I was in DIRE need of a new facebook picture. haha. So that's more so a quick touch up :P.

k a t e February 28, 2008 at 2:36 PM  

Haha, you were great even if it was out of your comfort zone. :] Completely comfortable to work with. I whipped that one up in an hour, 2 hours before my midterm cuz I was in DIRE need of a new facebook picture. haha. So that's more so a quick touch up :P.

(wwoops. i wasn't signed in.)

Ari S. Photography Fan Box

*Photographs on this site are protected by copyright and trademark laws. You may not copy, modify, sell, distribute, transmit, display, reproduce, publish, or license any photographs from this site without the express written permission of Ari S. Photography.

Contact Ari Simphoukham Photography:

| Ari Simphoukham * ari239@gmail.com | (209)981-9820 | http://www.justari.com/ |